Fender Custom Shop Vintage Custom 1950 Double Esquire Nocaster Blonde
Before the Telecaster forever changed the world in 1951, Leo Fender built several prototype guitars, testing various concepts that found their way into the final result. The Vintage Custom 1950 Double Esquire is a faithful recreation of one of those early models, the incredibly rare dual-pickup Esquire, which was outfitted with some very cool and compelling appointments that we felt modern players and vintage tone hounds alike would appreciate. It features hand-wound '50-'51 Blackguard pickups offering incredibly fat and juicy tone, coupled with modified '51 Nocaster wiring and controls. You'll find a blender pot in place of a standard tone control and an additional resistor on the rhythm circuit for sweeter output. The neck features a vintage 7.25"-9.5" compound radius, which we found on some rare examples, giving it a unique feel even among vintage-inspired models. It also features medium vintage frets, which are slightly larger than vintage frets and very comfortable to play.
Other features include a NOS flash-coat lacquer Nocaster Blonde finish, Closet Classic hardware, 2-piece off-center-seam ash body, tinted maple rift-sawn neck with 10/56 "V"-shaped neck profile, 21 medium vintage frets, 3-way switch, black phenolic pickguard, '51-'54 Tele bridge with brass saddles, bone nut, round string tree and vintage-style tuning machines.
The historic precursor to an undisputed legend, the 1950 Double Esquire is a glimpse into the innovations that were pivotal in the development of the Telecaster. Includes a deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- 2-Piece Offset Seam Lightweight Ash Body
- Telecaster Body Shape
- Rift Sawn Maple 10/56 "V" Neck
- 25.5" (648 mm) Scale
- Maple Fingerboard
- 21 Medium Vintage 50085 Frets
- 9.5" to 12" Compound Radius (241mm-305mm) Fingerboard Radius
- Nocaster Blonde
- NOS Flash Coat Lacquer Body Finish
- Flash Coat Lacquer Neck Finish
- Knurled Dome Control Knobs
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware Finish
- 1-Ply Black Pickguard
- Black Dots Inlay(s)
- 1.650" (42 mm) Bone Nut
- Vintage-Style Heel Adjust Truss Rod
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard Bridge Pickup
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Blend
- Switch: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup With Blender, Position 2. Neck Pickup with Volume, Position 3. Neck Pickup with Volume, 10K Resistor and .001uF Capacitor.
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Vintage-Style with Fender Logo Tuning Machines
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Includes: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Fat 50's Tele Control Assembly, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
|Country of Manufacture||United States|