Fender Custom Shop 2018 Limited Double Esquire Special - Journeyman Re
A new original, the Limited Edition Double Esquire Special offers a tasteful mélange of style and sound, combining a single-bound two-piece ash body with hand-wound Custom Shop Loaded Nocaster pickups and modified ’51 Nocaster wiring. The blender pot allows you to blend the neck and bridge pickups, and the special tone cap & resistor offer a super-useable rhythm tone in the neck position.
The pair of Custom Shop Loaded Nocaster pickups includes a hand-wound loaded single-coil bridge pickup and open-loaded neck pickups, both wired to the three-way pickup switch with our tonally flexible “Modified ’51 Nocaster” wiring. Position 3 selects the neck pickup alone, with a .001uF capacitor and 10K resistor for a highly usable rhythm tone with slightly rolled-off volume and tone. Position 2 offers the neck pickup alone, wired directly to the volume pot, while Position 1 offers the bridge pickup alone, with volume and blend pot to mix in the neck pickup to taste.
Other features include a tinted AAA flame maple neck with “10/56 V” profile, and 21 6105 frets, single-ply Eggshell pickguard, ’51-’54 bridge with brass saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Premium Ash Body
- Esquire Body Shape
- 1-Piece AAA Flame Maple Neck 10/56 "V" Back-Shape Neck
- 25.5" (648 mm) Scale
- AAA Flame Maple Fingerboard
- 21 6105 Narrow Jumbo Frets
- 9.5" to 12" Compound Radius (241mm-305mm) Fingerboard Radius
- Aztec Gold
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer Body Finish
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Neck Finish
- Knurled Dome Control Knobs
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware Finish
- 1-Ply Eggshell Pickguard
- Black Dots Inlay(s)
- 1.650" (42 mm) Bone Nut
- Vintage-Style Heel Adjust Truss Rod
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster Bridge Pickup
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound Open Loaded '51 Nocaster Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Blend
- Switch: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup With Blender, Position 2. Neck Pickup with Volume, Position 3. Neck Pickup with Volume, 10K Resistor and .001uF Capacitor.
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Vintage-Style with Fender Logo Tuning Machines
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Includes: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
|Country of Manufacture||United States|